Autel Support Communities
Autel Support Communities
Welcome, Guest     Sign in
Communities > Diagnostic & Analysis System > MaxiDas > Windows Firewall blocks the following fi...
Windows Firewall blocks the following file: C: \ Program Files (x86) \ maxidas708 \ pclink.exe

2580 Views 1 Replies Latest reply: 2014-12-31 04:04:45

•   Level 2   
    (19) points
    Expy
    2014-12-30 23:16:41
    Hello from Norway!

I run my updates on my DS708 with Windows 8.1 Today I received the message that the firewall has blocked the following file: C: \ Program Files (x86) \ maxidas708 \ pclink.exe. This was completely random. I performed no update of my DS708. It was not even connected my PC.

Does anyone have a theory about why Windows firewall blocks this file? There is an exe file, and that's what makes me a little worried to let this file access. I had "DS708 update" installed about half a year on this machine, but this message I have never seen before. I have not used "DS708" in a month.
    I look forward to hearing from someone with the same experience.

Thank you in advance!
    Expy 

Sorry for my bad English / US grammar. :)

•   Level 7   
    (885) points
    fware

2014-12-31 04:04:45 (Reply to:Expy)

Hi,

PCLink.exe is the printer program used by DS708 to print the reports.
    This program opens a port to listen on, waiting for the data of the DS708.
    PCLink is started at boot time under normal conditions (I think with a icon in the autostart folder)

I do not have windows 8.x but on the other versions there was a "allow" and "always" button.
    That solves you issue.
    It is possible that a windows update has removed the allow from the firewall ruleset.
  Total1 Pages